EMERGENCY AMBULANCE

I have been thinking back and saying 2015 was a bad year. It was difficult, it was painful. However, when I look at the totality of the year, when putting everything in context, it’s been a wonderful year. The 365 terrific days far outweigh the one bad day. That day won’t fade away though.
I and my sister were just chilling when I got a call from my paternal aunt who asked that we meet. “Your dad, mum, aunt and uncle were involved in a car accident”, she said.  Oh you have no idea how painful that was. None of us were mentally prepared to hear that. Only my mother survived but she’s still fighting for her life to date.


Back to what I want to address.  I want people to understand the importance of pulling over when they see an ambulance coming from behind them. I remember a few days after the accident, we called MRI to transport my mum from my home village to Gaborone. We were driving down the road and I’m pretty sure that people caught a glimpse of flashing lights in their rearview mirrors.  They heard sirens wailing yet they did absolutely nothing. Some drivers were eager to get of the way and pulled away from the far left line to make way for the ambulance.



It’s important to do your part in preventing another accident or becoming a victim yourself when an emergency vehicle comes your way. If you think that it’s not useful to pull over when there is an ambulance, then you are ignorant and not well informed. Please understand that there could be loved one in there fighting for her life.


Above all, remember that you are responsible for your own actions on the road, regardless of the presence of an emergency vehicle, so you should move out of the way when it is safe and appropriate for you to do so without contravening road laws, or endangering yourself.


REST IN PEACE DAD, UNCLE AND AUNT



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SORBET FACE ELECTRIC BRUSH

YOU GIVE ME JOY

YOU ARE NOT ALONE